Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Parsley Potatoes


I love french fries.  And I love tater tots.  They don't love me, however.  So here is my make it yourself alternative.  The secret is heating the oil in the oven while getting the potatoes ready.

They are the size of tots with the crispy crunch of a fry.  Satisfaction in a major way.

 
Parsley Potatoes
 
2 1/2 pounds potatoes (washed and chopped into about 1 inch chunks)
1/4 cup olive oil
kosher salt
1/4 chopped fresh parsley
 
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Pour olive oil into a baking pan, like the kind you would make a sheet cake in.  Place pan in heated oven.  Wash and chop the potatoes.  I don't peel mine.  I just cut them into approximately 1 inch chunks.  Place potato chunks in a large bowl.  Using a rubber spatula, toss while adding salt and parsley.  Remove hot oil from oven.  Carefully add potatoes, the oil should sizzle.  Toss to coat the potatoes in the hot oil.  Return to oven.  Bake until browned and fork tender.
 
They are simple enough to eat with a burger and visually appealing, so you can serve them with something a bit more gourmet.
 
You can also change up the herbs to fit the rest of the meal.  Easy peasy.
 
Homey, comfort food that makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment