Sunday, August 25, 2013

Casual Cos - Tenth Doctor

 
Doctor Who fan folks say that the first Doctor you watch becomes "your" Doctor.  I remember seeing Doctor Who on PBS when I was a kid, but this is America where Star Trek and Star Wars reigned SciFi supreme. 
 
Enter Netflix and a night on call a year or two ago...
 
I was searching for something to watch and saw the Doctor Who logo pop up on what was recommended for me.  I vaguely remembered the show from childhood so I gave it a try.  Starting from the beginning made Christopher Eccleston my first Doctor.  And he was 'fantastic'. 
 
But then he regenerated and in came David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor.  My Doctor.  The Proper Doctor. 

The pin striped, Converse wearing Ten made me smile.  Ten and Rose made me cry like a baby.  I can't watch it without bawling and I have seen it so many times now.  And the Doctor Donna, don't get me started...

I can't wait to see how they bring him back, hopefully with Rose, in the 50th special!

No comments:

Post a Comment