Saturday, August 17, 2013

Hawaiian Sweet Potatoes



 
 
I didn't know Hawaiian sweet potatoes are actually purple.  I don't want to eat purple potatoes...
 
But I did want to find a good Hawaiian sweet potato recipe for a luau themed dinner.  I combined a couple that I found online and made some adjustments and came up with a delicious side dish for the Huli Huli chicken I made.  Simple and scrumptious.
 
 
28 ounces sweet potatoes, canned, drained
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, canned, undrained
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
6 Tbsp brown sugar, divided
4 Tbsp butter, divided
1/2 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
 
Preheat oven to 350.  In medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes, pineapple, 2 Tbsp melted butter, 4 Tbsp brown sugar, cinnamon.  Pour mixture into a medium size casserole dish.  In a medium bowl, combine 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 2 Tbsp melted butter, coconut, flour and pecans.  Mix well and sprinkle over sweet potatoes.  Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is slightly browned and crunchy.
 
Enjoy :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment