Thursday, December 26, 2013

Valet Boxes and a Girl with a Wood Burning Tool

I have always wanted to try wood burning.  I have a childhood memory of my aunt making an owl that I thought was so cool.  I had the idea to make valet boxes for all of the guys in our family, but Procrastinator Kels ran out of time...
 
Not this year.  Though I did procrastinate...
 
These are the boxes that I made for the guys on my side:
 
For the football fan
*the blurred out section of the football is actually my brother-in-laws full name
 
For the Aggie
Complete with some Spirit of Aggieland lyrics
 

For the World War II buff
A US patch with a quote from the D Day prayer by F.D.R.
For the cowboy
Fitting words for my nephew by Chris Ledoux
 
For the newly graduated Firefirefighter
*after I stained it I really wished I would have off set the firefighter to the right and added his monogrammed initials to the left

I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to finish gifts, cook, bake, wrap...I let my kids wrap and had them take photos of everything as they did.  The pictures don't really do the boxes justice.  Everyone seemed to really like them.

Here's a photo of the WWII box that my sister took once they got it home:



I love the idea of a man's 'valet' box, especially in a day where we can use more gentlemen...

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment