Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Ode to Matt Smith, Goodnight Raggedy Man

So the night of the Eleventh Doctor has come.  No spoilers, but I will miss the raggedy man who won me over after losing my Doctor. 

Matt Smith did a fantastic job with the character and will always hold a special place in the geek section of my heart. 

I get so emotional when a regeneration comes around.  Probably because the actors playing the Doctor seem to really mean what they say when they are bidding the role goodbye. 

I was so devastated when Ten left that it took a while for me to give Smith a chance.  I guess it is a good thing then that Thirteen won't start airing until next year and not like after the New Year in a week, but like the fall of 2014.  That should give me enough time to mourn...and get excited for the next adventure!

Thank you, Matt.  Fezzes around the world are tilted to you tonight in appreciation for a wonderful, magical ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment