Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Addictions

 
I am ready to admit that I have a problem...
 
I used to see a sign like this and think 'woo hoo, limit 10, that's 10 for 10 how exciting'.
 
 
 
Then I thought, 'woo hoo, limit 10, let me call a few people and see if they want to meet me up here to get the ones I want that put me over the 10 limit'.
 
Yesterday I thought, 'woo hoo, limit 10, hmmmmm...I can write down all of the ones I want and go to the three closest Hobby Lobby stores to get the 26 I want and what the heck, I'll pick 4 more and make the 10 limit at the third store'.
 
This is my pattern container before I added the thirty I bought yesterday...
 
And you know what?  I think that Butterick dress poking out of the stack is just like Simplicity 1940s Retro pattern I bought yesterday.  C'est la vie.  I embrace my addiction.
 
 
My husband, however, does not.  :)
 
He says if I actually used them it would be one thing, but right now he thinks I'm just a collector.  So my response had to be to order a dressform, which I did promptly.  I can't wait for it to come in. 
 
I'm a complete novice.  I've never taken a sewing class.  I've made some skirts with elastic waists and one knit dress that didn't fall right because the hem was wonky.  But that's not going to stop me...oh no.  I've collected a descent fabric stash and I have youtube tutorials and Craftsy.com so I'm pretty sure I'll be an expert in a month or so ;)
 
Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment