Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Elvis Presley Cake

A lot of recipes that I found for this delicious looking cake contained a WHOLE lot of sugar.  I can see why Elvis packed on some pounds.  I toned it back a bit and Oh.  My.  Goodness.  This cake is awesome!  I can't wait to bake it and take it to work for our next 'potluck' night!


Ingredients:

1 White cake mix (box)
1 - 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple
1 cup sugar
16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 - 3 cups powdered sugar (I used 2)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions:

Bake cake mix according to directions on package.  Poke holes all over the cake with a fork or butter knife.  Combine pineapple (with juice) and 1 cup sugar in a sauce pan.  Bring to a boil.  Simmer for about 5 minutes.  Spoon pineapple and juice over the cake.  Spread the pineapple out evenly.  In a large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter.  Slowly add powdered sugar.  Beat until smooth, adding in the vanilla extract.  Frost cake and top with pecans. 

Refrigerate the cake.  Cake is best prepared in the morning and served in the evening or the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment