Friday, May 31, 2013

New Computer Charting Go Live

I've worked the past three nights that we have done our 'go live' for our new computer charting system.  I'm not really a drinker, but I just want to partake in some mind numbing refreshments for my night off tonight.  My brain is a bowl of pudding oozing out of my ears.  I'm pretty sure the program was designed by someone with ADD.  Nothing seems like it is in a logical place for L&D charting and every time I tried to chart something there seemed to be a glitch.  OMG.  But it is what it is and this is the new way.  The first night our central monitors went out at the nurse's station and the power went out in the patient rooms...so yeah.  In a week I hope that the bug infestation is worked out and our educator can get us a bit more streamlined.  For tonight, I am just glad not to have 5 to 10 extra computer IT type people hovering around while I am trying to provide patient care!  I wish my coworkers good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment