Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Simplicity 2615

So, for my first disaster of a project I'm going to try this:


Simplicity 2615 - I like the fact that the package says "easy-to-sew" and the notions section doesn't list a zipper.  I'm not ready for that level of frustration yet.  I'm going to attempt dress 'B' (the top dress on the model), but maybe give it just a bit more length to cover up my scarred knees.  *personal side note:  one knee has a scar from stitches when I was in 2nd grade and I was wearing roller skates and me and my sister thought it would be a good idea if I grabbed onto the back of her banana seat on her bike and she pulled me...let's just say that hitting a rock with your roller skate wheel while your sister is pedaling like a bat out of H-E-double hockey sticks will land you in the ER; other knee has a bigger scar from a motor vehicle accident...knee straight through the radio on a crazy road in West Texas).

I'm going to use this fabric:


I've already decided to not bother with interfacing and try making some bias tape in the green.  The solid green will also be the belt and ties.

On another side note:

This is where Penelope Jane sits when I'm at the computer in the den:


This is what she does when I don't let her sit in my lap while I'm at the computer:


And then she wins:


Maybe this is why I don't get much done...

No comments:

Post a Comment