Monday, April 28, 2014

Intimidation

There are lots of things that I want to do.

My List:

  1. have a closet full of home sewn clothing
  2. learn the piano
  3. learn the violin
  4. lose weight
  5. learn to paint
  6. learn to build things with wood
  7. take amazing photos
  8. etc....
I could list things all day.

But I do not do them.  Let's take sewing.  I have a plethora of patterns, a large fabric stash, a really  nice sewing machine, needles, thread in various colors, zippers, all of the things I need.  Yet I open a pattern and browse the instructions, fold the instructions back up and say 'maybe later'.  I have never taken a sewing class.  As crazy as this sounds I really don't want to.  I am a 'I'm going to do it by myself' kind of girl.  Not helpful, I know, but that is who I am.

I believe that I can teach myself anything.

Yet, I am intimidated when it comes down to trying.

Well, no more.

I am just going to do it.  And I am going to share my horrible projects and laugh at myself on here.  I have browsed and perused blogs by 'novice' sewers and their projects are awesome.  Well, I am a true novice with absolutely no experience and this endeavor should prove to be awesome and embarrassing and completely ridiculous and hopefully a whole lot of fun while I (hopefully again) improve on the things that I try!

No comments:

Post a Comment