Saturday, January 25, 2014

Food Stamps & French Fries

At work the other night, one of the other nurses had a labor patient whose family members came in with Burger King.  Now, laboring patients are not allowed to eat, so I always think it is rude for the family to bring food into the patient's room.  In this case, however, it is even better!  Not only are they being thoughtless to their family member, but they start telling the hard-working, tax paying nurse that they used their food stamps to buy their fast food!

I'm not sure how that worked, but I'm pretty sure that's not the kind of assistance I want my tax dollars going towards.  I'm pretty sure they could budget more meals out of the same amount they spent on their Whoppers and fries...

Abuse of the system just drives me mad, but it is so common.  People should be ashamed of themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment