Thursday, July 25, 2013

Aches and Pains

When I was a teenager my mother was in a car accident that left her with a broken back.  After three back surgeries and one neck surgery she was never quite the same.  Years later, we would roll our eyes every time she complained about her back.  Now, I am older and after a car accident years ago, my back has never been the same.  I used to have a back ache at night.  That is how I knew when it was time to wake up.  Earlier this week something felt different.  It feels like the vertebra in my lower back are being compressed.  I told my husband that I would just love to be placed on one of those medieval racks and be stretched.  Moral of today's story - don't make fun of your mother...it will come back to get you as you get older...

Sorry, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment